At Delaney Concrete & Bio-Crete, we understand the importance of a well-functioning septic system. Upgrading your septic tank can be necessary for various reasons, including home sales, extensions, pollution concerns, or simply because it’s time for an update. Here’s your guide to understanding and managing the upgrade process effectively.
Identifying the Need for an Upgrade:
- Home Sales and Extensions: If you’re selling your home or planning an extension, you might need to upgrade your septic tank. This process often requires a percolation test and architectural or engineering drawings.
- Pollution Concerns: Should you discover that your septic tank is a pollution source, upgrading is a responsible step. We can guide you through creating an appropriate percolation area or soil polishing filter.
- System Malfunctions: If your septic tank isn’t functioning correctly, it’s crucial to diagnose the problem accurately. Sometimes, issues attributed to the tank are actually related to the percolation area. Our team can help you pinpoint and resolve these issues.
The Upgrade Process:
- Professional Assessment: Engage an architect or engineer to conduct a percolation test and provide necessary drawings.
- Installation and Construction: Hire a skilled digger and driver to lay pipes, excavate for the new tank, and construct the percolation area. We collaborate closely with your team to ensure correct installation and commissioning of pumps.
- Finalization: Your architect or engineer will sign off on the project, providing you with the required documentation.
Benefits of Upgrading:
- Improved Effluent Quality: The effluent from systems like our Bio-Crete wastewater treatment plant is cleaner and clearer, facilitating easier soil absorption.
- Space Efficiency: Modern wastewater treatment systems often require smaller percolation areas, freeing up garden space.
- Enhanced Property Value: An up-to-date system can be a significant selling point for potential homebuyers.
- Peace of Mind: A fully functional system, backed by our experienced maintenance team, ensures worry-free operation.
Conclusion: Upgrading your septic tank is a significant step towards a more efficient, environmentally friendly wastewater treatment solution. At Delaney Concrete & Bio-Crete, we’re here to guide you through every step of this process.
Call to Action: For expert advice on upgrading your septic tank, contact us today. Let’s work together to enhance your home’s wastewater management system.