Septic Tank Upgrade Grants – What you need to know
- Your septic tank or wastewater treatment system must be registered with www.protectourwater.ie by 1st February 2013 to be eligible for grant aid.
- Grant assistance will only be available to householders whose systems have been inspected by their local authority and found to be in need of remediation.
- Inspections are due to commence in 2013 and will be based on a national inspection plan currently being finalised by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency).
If your household income is up to €50,000 a grant is available for 80% of remediation work required, up to a maximum of €4,000. If your household income is between €50,001 and €75,000 a grant is available for 50% of remediation work required, up to a maximum of €2,500.00.
Three ways to register your septic tank or wastewater treatment system:
- Online at www.protectourwater.ie
- By Post – forms are available in county councils, libraries, citizen information centres or by phoning LoCall 1890 800 800.
- At your Local Authority Office (no administration fee).
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Delaney Concrete Ltd. and Bio-Crete for further information.