Delaney Concrete Ltd takes immense pride in showcasing our innovative project: the creation of Architectural Spheres for the Sports Pavilion at Blanchardstown IT, now known as TU Dublin, Blanchardstown Campus. This project, initiated in 2015 in collaboration with BAM Contractors, highlights our expertise in crafting unique precast concrete structures.
- Location: TU Dublin, Blanchardstown Campus
- Project Type: Architectural and Landscape Enhancement
- Completion Date: June 2016
- Project Scope: Designing, manufacturing, and installing two large precast concrete spheres as part of the landscape plan.
Design and Execution
- Collaboration with Landscape Architect: Working closely with Tim Austen from Austen Associates, we brought to life his vision of incorporating sculptural elements into the landscape.
- Custom Design and Manufacturing: Our design team meticulously developed the concept, creating detailed drawings and custom-building molds for each sphere – one with a diameter of 2.5m and the other 1.5m.
- Innovative Techniques: The project involved crafting curved reinforcing bars and constructing a safe and efficient transport and lifting frame, certified by Manly Lifting Services.
Installation and Impact
- Seamless Installation: In collaboration with BAM Contractors, the spheres were successfully installed, enhancing the aesthetic appeal of the sports grounds.
- Long-lasting Appeal: The spheres, installed in 2016, continue to be a striking feature of the campus, demonstrating the durability and quality of our work.
This project exemplifies Delaney Concrete Ltd’s ability to undertake challenging architectural projects, transforming creative visions into concrete reality. It underscores our commitment to innovation, quality, and collaboration in the field of precast concrete manufacturing.
For more information about this project or to explore how Delaney Concrete Ltd can bring your architectural vision to life, please contact us:
- Phone: +353 (0)53 92 44767
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org